Residential Portfolio Management
We manage a diverse portfolio throughout the UK providing a centralised lettings and management service for landlords with multiple properties.
Lettings are either done in house through our local offices or by outsourcing to reputable local operators who are vetted and approved. Once the relevant unit(s) are let, Kestrel Property Management Ltd retains the day to day property management service in house from our head office.
We manage properties throughout the UK and at present manage in all areas of England with concentrations in Leeds, Leicester, Peterborough, Northampton, Cambridge, Birmingham and London.
- We provide a full portfolio management service for owners with multiple nationwide properties.
- We provide a full lettings and management service for properties, including; lettings, tenant referencing, tenancy agreements, property management, deposit handling, rent collection, accounting, maintenance, gas and electrical safety check, insurance, property inspections.
- We provide annual (or more frequent) portfolio reviews and assistance with preparation of year end financial accounts.
- We offer strategic investment advice on how to maximise returns for residential property portfolios, including; due diligence, purchase negotiation, sales, refurbishment, maintenance, minimising costs, maximising capital and income returns.
- We source investment stock on behalf of clients and evaluate and execute acquisitions and disposals.
- We offer a flexible, bespoke advisory service on residential property investment strategies.
- We provide investment advice for institutional investors seeking exposure to the residential property market.
Benefits to Multi property Landlords
- ONE Point of Contact: Client landlords have one point of contact for property management regardless of the geographic location of the properties concerned. For example, an investor with 20 properties in 4 different cities may have 4 different agents reporting to him on each of their properties. At Kestrel Property Management there is ONE point of contact.
- ONE Portfolio Management Service: Portfolio reviewed as a “whole”, with recommendations on diversification and strategies to meet clients investment objectives.
- ONE set of Property Accounts: Provides the ability to present and analyse information for the whole portfolio, and account for the whole rather than individual units.
- ONE Management Agreement: meaning no variance in terms and conditions and fee levels between different agents and different areas.
- ONE dedicated Portfolio Manager: the assigned property manager will inspect the portfolio personally so he has an accurate understanding of the units concerned, he will also undertake an annual “portfolio report” on the KPIs and strategy of the client.
- We are independent and decisions are not compromised by any potential business conflicts.
The emergence of an institutionally-backed professional private rented sector and a Build to Rent sector requires professional hands on property management expertise. Kestrel Property Management provides this service acting as an intermediary between tenant and landlord providing a quality property management experience. Kestrel Property Management has won a number of mandates to manage residential portfolios on behalf of larger investors and institutions. For further residential asset management advice we also offer the services of our related company; RPAM, see www.rpamfunds.co.uk
Institutional Investor: 100+ residential units, Larger Landlord: 10+ residential units. Multi-property landlords, HNW’s, corporates and institutions owning a geographically diversified residential property portfolio.
Example Client A: Has been a client of our parent company since 2008. Initially acquiring some residential units through our local office in Leicestershire. Since then his portfolio has grown rapidly in size and has expanded to other areas of the UK. We provide a centralised management function for the client, and outsource lettings and maintenance to local operators in each area. His portfolio size is c40 units and growing, of which 12 units we let&manage directly through our local operations, and the balance of the units in Birmingham, Leeds and London we manage through Kestrel Property Management.
Example client B: Is an institutional investor seeking increased exposure to the residential sector outside London. Initially seeking a portfolio of minimum size £10m in the region of East Midlands and East of England to diversify their holdings outside of London. Through our parent company, RPG, we sourced and evaluated a number of opportunities before identifying a diversified portfolio of units in the East Midlands that met their strict investment criteria. Through the services of Kestrel Property Management we manage all the units (regardless of geographic location), provide one point of contact for the portfolio management and undertake quarterly asset meetings on the portfolio. Furthermore, we make value added recommendations on trading strategies, refurbishment opportunities and rental market performance.