Residential Block Management
We provide Block Management services to apartment blocks and estates throughout England, with a special focus on the East Midlands and East of England.
Our hands on, pro-active approach to block management provides a superior level of customer service.
We believe that the efficient management of a block is imperative to ensure the building and the individual units can maximise their full potential value. Kestrel Property Management was established to perform Block Management services further to demand from existing clients, and the growing demand of institutional investors to access the residential sector whether through the purchase of blocks of built units, or bespoke “build to let” units. Through our parent company, Residential Property Group, we also offer a full lettings and management service and Kestrel Property Management offers a bespoke portfolio management service for larger landlords.
We offer a comprehensive range of services that are tailored to meet clients demands. Services can include:
- Collection of service charges and ground rents; we are experienced in the management, collection and recovery of ground rents.
- The management, preparation and submissions of accounts.
- Regular contact with leaseholders, regular site inspections, arranging and attending residents meetings where necessary.
- Managing maintenance programs and emergency repairs including; Fire Risk Assessments, entry phone maintenance, cleaning, plumbing, lift repairs, boiler repairs, internal and extenral redecorations, roof repairs, general repairs and maintenance. Our contractors are regularly checked for quality of service and price-competitiveness.
- Regular reporting to Client; quarterly meetings to review all matters.
- Compliance with Landlord and Tenant legislation; Ensuring that you meet all current property legislation including, but not limited to, The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 and The Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999.
- Arranging buildings insurance.
- Providing concierge, cleaning and care taking services.
- Reviewing and actioning the necessary security measures.
Why Kestrel Property Management:
- We offer a pro-active customer oriented service.
- We offer a bespoke service to each owner and for each development; no two clients and no two developments are ever the same.
- We pride ourselves on efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- We have processes and procedures to ensure that we fulfil the necessary tasks in a timely manner and at the best possible price.
- We operate with a transparent fee structure.
- We ensure regular contact, ease of communication and timely reporting.
- We assign to you a dedicated block manager; acting as a single point of contact for you supported by an experienced property management team.
We have a diverse and growing range of clients;
- Individuals, corporates and developers.
- Developers, freeholders and RTM (Right to Manage) Companies.
- new build developments to older Listed buildings.
- varying in size from 2 flats to estates of 50+ units.
Bespoke service to Freeholders:
We aim to reduce the risk of long leaseholders collectively enfranchising or acquiring the Right to Manage. We do this by ensuring leaseholders receive an efficient and pro-active service; monitoring service charge expenditure, providing quarterly reports on the property and holding resident meetings on an annual basis. Long leaseholders of flats can either acquire the Freehold Estate via collective enfranchisement (in accordance with the Leasehold Reform Housing and Urban Development Act 1993 as amended by the Commonhold and Leasehold Reform Act 2002), OR take away the Landlord’s management responsibilities under the Lease via the Right to Manage (in accordance with the Commonhold and Leasehold Reform Act 2002).
Bespoke service to Developers:
We always aim to be involved as early as possible with new developments. This ensures that the structure of the estate set up properly and management issues are not overlooked. This maximises value for both the residents and the developer.
- We can provide on-site staffing and be involved in the sale of units to investors and home buyers, and liase with solicitors and mortgage advisors where necessary.
- We can arrange 24 hour security and meet regulatory fire safety measures.
- We can provide to prospective purchasers a detailed breakdown of service charge budget , ensuring it is competitive without compromising on service delivery.
- We can offer our Residential Lettings and Property Management service provided by our parent company, Residential Property Group.
- We provide regular and transparent financial accounts.
- We have a network of proven contractors who can undertake maintenance work as required.
- We can handle all queries relating to snagging works when residents first move into a property, liase with contractors, set up utility contracts and ensure a smooth transition to occupation by the lessee or tenant.
Bespoke service to Right to Manage Companies:
Under the Commonhold and Leasehold Reform Act 2002, leaseholders may request the transfer of the landlord's management functions to a new company set up by them – called the right to manage (RTM) company. Importantly this does NOT require the landlord's consent, and no reason has to be provided. Often this is effected due to the lack of quality of service by the management company. We can act as block managers on behalf of RTM Companies ensuring you receive the service you expect. The process of transfer to RTM can be complex, and we would be delighted to assist you wherever possible.